From The Studio: Monthly Update: March
Another month has passed and I feel like it truly has changed the way I tackle this thing called life/work. I'm really excited about some insights I had last month so I'm happy to share them with you all! If you'd like to now what my "business" is about, go to the January update for a current overview of my situation! February was filled with struggles regarding health and managing stress levels. I tried to attack the business side of things, but at the end of february/first week of March I felt so tired and burned out that I knew something had to change. I sat down with my boyfriend and we talked for a very long time. He is the best listener and is so good in asking questions that truly go to the source of the problem. In this case: total lack of sleep. Turns out you cannot get up early and work late (or at least, I can't) without turning into a nervous wreck. It truly sucked. I wasn't happy with the work I produced, wasn't happy with how I was teaching... I felt really crappy. So I changed the way I lived. I sleep in later (until 9AM, yes I know) and go to bed before 12PM. This makes me a happy person. I'm making sure I get my sleep and that I eat healthy. This works wonders for both my mental and physical happiness :-)
My goals for March - How did I do?
- Come up with a schedule: find a dedicated day for each project so I know what I need to work on when that day arrives (no more time wasted trying to figure out what to do first)
- Put less on my list so I don't freak out about it. Doing more is optional. I don't need to achieve every goal I want to achieve this year in one week.
- Plan 5 workshops with the new workshop venue.
- Finish two client orders.
- Sew something fun for myself!
- Launch my newsletter. (you can subscribe in the top right corner of my blog!)
Income reportclient work: €210
- send out my first newsletter
- finish the lay-out for my e-book: sewing translated
- set up a launch plan for my e-book: sewing translated
- make something for myself.