A rigel bomber with sequined tiger head and pink hair-oh my!
As always, when I tell myself to join a sewalong, something gets in the way. This time I'm only 3 days late, so I consider it a win! I wanted to make a black rigel bomber with this epic sequined tiger appliqué since I saw said tiger appliqué the first time around june 2014. When Sonja at gingermakes announced Rigel Bomber Jacket January Sewalong I knew that the time was now! So I started working on it right after I finished the other dress and last week the flu happened and took me out of circulation for about 10 days. Hurray. However, I finished it Monday evening so in my head it still counts! Since I already made the Rigel Bomber once in a very soft floral this was an easy make. As I tweeted: Rigel Bomber: 80% welt pockets, 20% all the other sewing! Details
- fabric: Pauli, black ponte, also used for ribbing
- pattern: Papercut Patterns Rigel Bomber
- Size: S
- variation without pleating details
- Zip: Veritas, shortened
- Epic Sequined Tiger: Veritas
Flat Pattern Adjustments
- lengthened the sleeves by 2 cm, since I was constantly pulling them down on my other rigel.
- Shortened the bodice by 3 cm since I like my jackets a bit shorter. It's still fairly long! However, I'm scared that if I shorten it more, the welt pockets will end up at my boobs. That's not a good look.