A Maxi Dress A Day Keeps Wardrobe Stress Away
I'm here with an actual make! Yes, that has been a while, I'm sorry. I've been busting my ass at HetPaleis so not much time for selfish sewing. Last week nice weather was announced so I got into my yearly summer clothing stress. Only, this time: worse. Wardrobe stress at 7AM in the morning is the worst, so by 8AM I had talked to my sewing buddies about possibilities for wardrobe stress relieve! Enter: maxi dress. It's long, so no cold legs, but you don't have to wear thights eiter. Winwin when they are predicting 25°C but mornings feel more like 5°C... To the sewing room I went and here is the result!
- fabric: Stoffencircus (fabric fair)
- pattern: Closet Case Files – Nettie bodysuit&dress for the bodice + XYT-hack skirt
- Size: 12 (bust) 6 (waist), medium for skirt part.
- variation: scoop neck, medium back, no sleeves
Flat Pattern Adjustments
- added 2 cm to the scoop front for modesty reasons
- lengthened the bodice with 4 cm
- cut the skirt with a bit extra ease so it wouldn't be so figure hugging as the XYT-skirt.